On July 9, 2016, during the morning session of the 113th CBCP Plenary Assembly, Bishop Jose Cabantan and Fr. Amado L. Picardal, CSsR presented the plans and proposal for the celebration of 2017 Year of Parish as Communion of Communities :
1. The CBCP will issue a A Pastoral Letter on 2017 as Year of Parish as Communion of Communities will be read on the 1st Sunday of Advent (Nov. 27, 2016) in the parish churches all over the Philippines
2. The launching of the Year of the Parish as Communion of Communities in Malaybalay City during the National Gathering of Diocesan BEC directors and coordinators on November 28-Dec 1, 2016)
3. At the beginning of the Year 2017, llanning at the diocesan and the parish levels re: formation, celebration and legacy project related to the year’s theme. (to be scheduled by respective dioceses and parishes).
4. Ongoing, year-long BEC evangelization/formation seminars in each parish at the grassroots/community/barangay levels that will reach out to the “un-churched”, nominal and alienated Catholics.
5. Implementation of whatever plans/recommendations the various episcopal commissions come up with in relation to the parish/BECs and their particular concerns which may be included also in their scheduled annual conference, example:
ECL – Liturgy in parish/BECs; ECBA – Bible Apostolate in BECs; ECFL – Family & Life in BECs; NASSA – Social Action in parish/BECs; ECCE – Catechetics/Christian Education and BECs; ECY – Youth in BECs; ECLA – Lay Movements & Associations re BECs;
6. Simultaneous nationwide celebration of the Year of Parish as Communion of Communities in all the parishes all over the Philippines on Trinity Sunday. This is a whole day event in the parish which gathers together all the BECs and also other faith-communities. It can be celebrated on either Saturday which ends with an anticipated Mass or on Sunday which begins with the Mass. There will be talks about the theme, sharing of experiences/testimony, agape/fellowship meal, programs and cultural presentations.
7. Diocesan BEC assembly (before or after the parish level celebration)
8. National Gathering of Diocesan BEC Directors and Coordinators – culmination of the Year of Communion of Communities and planning for the BEC National Assembly.